Openings & Closings
Your pool cannot be used year-round in Salt Lake City, UT. The weather does not allow for it. That means you must go through a checklist to prepare your pool for the summer season and to close it down for the winter season. At Absolute Water Professionals, we provide pool opening and closing service in Salt Lake City, UT. We’ll ensure your pool is fully prepared to be enjoyed by your family and friends all summer long. Allowing a professional to complete this checklist means you have the peace of mind of knowing everything is done correctly to help preserve the lifespan of your equipment. Contact us today to learn more about our opening and closing services.
Standard Seasonal Opening
Our standard seasonal opening includes services to help get your pool ready for the swimming season. Although our team cannot guarantee that your pool will be “swimmable” or in perfect condition after this service, you are able to request extra cleanings to get it to this state. The extra cleanings will only be completed with prior consent from you. If you want an additional cleaning included with the seasonal opening, please consider purchasing our premium package. It’s very important that you fill your pool three inches above its normal operating level, so our team is able to properly start all of the equipment as well as have the ability to vacuum any waste. Our standard seasonal opening includes all of the following items:
- Remove cover
- Install handrails and ladders
- Chemical test & balance
- Remove all winter plugs and store on-site
- Purge gas line and start heater (if applicable)
- Vacuum and brush pool or hose deck for up to 30 minutes
- Backwash sand filter
- Inspect and test auto cleaner (if applicable)
Premium Seasonal Opening
Our premium seasonal opening includes additional services to ensure your pool is thoroughly clean and ready for the swimming season. When you purchase our premium seasonal opening package, you receive all of the items on the standard opening checklist as well as an additional follow-up cleaning service. This service will be completed within 3 to 6 days of the original service and will include a vacuum of your pool, up to 30 minutes, as well as cleaning of the filter.
Seasonal Closing Service
To keep your pool in good condition for years to come, you must ensure you properly close it for the wintertime. This ensures all the components and hardware will be protected from the harsh winter weather and will last until the following season and many more after.
Our closing service includes:
- Remove all handrails, ladders, etc.
- Winterize and clean the filter and remove pressure gauge and plugs
- Winterize and clean pump and remove plugs
- Winterize salt generator and clean cell
- Turn off all electricity and take trippers off timer
- Winterize heater (if applicable)
- Remove skimmer basket and return eyeballs
- Ensure all valves are left in open position
- Blow out all plumbing lines and install winter plugs
- Install cover
- Clean up any trash and tools
- Winterizing Chemicals
Our seasonal closing service does not include:
- Cleaning or detailing the pool
- Buying new winterization plugs – any winterization plugs that are needed and are not on-site will be charged to the customer
Contact Us Today
Make sure your pool is always ready for whatever season is coming with our opening and closing services in Salt Lake City, UT. Our team will provide everything you need to prepare your pool for winter or summer. Contact us today to schedule a service at your home.
Request A Pool or Hot Tub Service!
Fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.